To join a group – email email@example.com
Mindfulness for the Anxious Mind
Stress and Anxiety can wreak havoc with our minds and trigger feelings of dread, hopelessness, sadness or just plain unease. Do you feel anxious or struggle to feel peaceful? Would you like to feel more calm and content? If so, you’re not alone.
Mindfulness can help.
Join Licensed Professional Counselor Kari Gregory and Lisa Murphy, a Wellness Coach specializing in Mindfulness and Meditation for an intimate and confidential small group course designed to give you the tools you need to help reduce and prevent anxiety.
In four weekly, 90-minute sessions, participants will be instructed on how to combine cognitive-behavioral techniques with mindfulness strategies to help better understand and manage their thoughts and emotions in order to achieve relief from feelings of distress.
- Understand cognitive processes that lead to heightened anxiety
- Identify the personal thought patterns and behaviors that contribute to anxiety
- Become educated on the principles and benefits of mindfulness and meditation
- Learn to use mindfulness techniques to alleviate moments of acute stress and anxiety
- Successfully manage generalized, long-term anxiety through the use of learned skills and techniques
Each 90-minute session will include:
- Introduction and group participation in the week’s focused mindfulness practice
- Group discussion about techniques
- Exercises to identify thoughts and feelings
- Strategies to turn learning into practice
- Support from group members’ shared experiences
- Final deep relaxation practice to close session
- Minimum of four participants required to hold course; course size limited to 10 people
- Course fee: $295 (four-week program)
- Dates for next course PENDING
Kari Gregory is a Licensed Professional Counselor specializing in the treatment of anxiety and anxiety related disorders. She personally struggled with anxiety and resulting depression for many years, before finding something that worked to help alleviate her pain. Inspired by her own personal success, Kari became trained in Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Exposure and Response Prevention, and Mindfulness Based Cognitive Therapy. It is her passion to share what has helped her with others.
Prior to starting her private practice, Positive Connections, Kari worked in corporate America in marketing and sales implementation for 17 years. She has two grown to nearly grown children, has recently remarried and now lives with her husband and youngest son. In her free time, she enjoys exercising, hiking, biking, laughing and strives to learn something new every day. She believes making time for the people and things you love is the most impactful thing you can do to improve your well being.
Lisa Murphy grew up in small town Iowa, earned a degree in actuarial science, and logged 12 years in corporate America before moving to Dubai in 2003. Over the next ten years, she traveled the world, studying meditation and Eastern philosophy, which changed the trajectory of her life.
After repatriating to the US in 2012, and a subsequent divorce in 2013, Lisa felt unstable and anxious. With so much uncertainty, she immersed herself in her passions: cooking, practicing yoga and spending plenty of time on her meditation cushion. With a renewed self-awareness, she recognized that meditation calms and empowers your mind, that living mindfully adds great clarity to your life, and that being true to yourself is the only way to achieve ultimate success and happiness. After more than a decade of study of mindfulness and mediation practices, she’s found her true calling as a Wellness Coach specializing in Mindfulness and Meditation for the company she founded in 2013, Lisa Murphy LLC.